Wednesday 10 February 2010

Arcachon

My travels today took me to the french harbour, Arcachon. I spotted some scooters near the harbour and thought I'd save my legs for a while. I took a scooter tour which ends near the light house. There I decided to try my hand at fishing. I actually caught one but was too slow on reeling in so the bugger escaped - honest. After fishing I tried a couple more active sports, hand gliding and sailing. Neither of which I was brilliant at but I had fun trying them out.
After all that excitement, I headed back towards the harbour and found myself in Bar Botons where I grabbed myself a Jack Daniels and a ciggie and passed a bit of time with Raoul, the bartender. I thought I'd better get moving or I'd be there for the night. Leaving the bar I bought myself a postcard as a souvenir of the day.
Walking towards a hot air balloon, not far from the bar, I saw a hopscotch grid and couldn't help myself (maybe the JD had gone to my head). Then I got inside the hot air balloon and floated off in to the night sky. Arcachon is a beautiful place to visit, with sandy beaches, quaint shops and plenty of actitives. I'll definitely be paying a return visit.
Arcachon : http://slurl.com/secondlife/Arcachon/214/227/25/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Box