Friday 18 May 2018

Sci - Fi Expo



This years Second Life Sci-fi Expo is on at the moment so I nipped over to check it out. 
The purpose of this event is to raise funds for Relay for Life of Second Life. Cancer touches everyone whether it be directly or through family members or friends so any money made will help greatly.Spread across four regions there are hundreds of booths providing all manner of items for sci-fi enthusiasts.




Having not been to one of these sci-fi expos before I did wonder what would be there. Well, a great deal of Star Trek but also Star Wars, Gundam, Dr Who, DC and Marvel characters and much more.



I spied a couple of my favourite Marvel characters while looking around.




Event calendars are placed in various spots around the expo. There is a treasure hunt with the participating booths displaying a hunt sign (click the sign for a clue).



 I didn't do the full hunt and just picked up a couple of the items here and there. I'm so glad that I did because look at what one of those items was. A hybrid Delorean inspired by Ready Player One. I love that book so I was pretty excited.



Whilst there I bought myself this cute stormtrooper hoodie from Eclectic Stars and a cuddly Vulcan.


The Expo is running until the 20th May so only a couple of days left if you want to check it out.
Sci-Fi Expo : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SciFiExpo%20Utopia/124/135/23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Box